Thursday, December 19, 2013

Show and tell...

This is just a sample of my sewing powers.
This is an 1860's replica of a child's cotton,corded sun bonnet. I Made the pattern of of originals i have found online. The base fabric has little harts all over it. Very excited, it was my first sale!! Next...
This is my first children's dress i made. It is about a size 2. It's made of a orange and yellow semi sheer cotton. It is almost all hand stitched, it also has very thin black velvet ribbon as a decoration. The back has 4 small buttons on the back. This was given to a good friend at her baby shower.
This darling little mint green dress... Is a size 8 girls, as you can see its a yoked bodice, and gauged skirt. It has grow room in the back, along with grow tucks in the skirt. I tried to copy it of an original dress i have found online. Some time i will have to post that dress to show the inspiration!
This is by far my favorite dress to date. Its a wedding ring style printed fabric; red, white and blue. The sleeves were made to me removable.... ( It came to me in the middle of the night!) The under sleeves fabric is made of a black on white velvet swiss dotted muslin. Of course lots of grow room in the hem and back. I just love this dress, i wish i was 10 just so i could wear it! Thank you so much for taking time to look at my work! Like i said before its a passion! Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment